Sunday, November 11, 2012

Top 10 Home Leave Differences

Gosh it's been a long time since I've blogged.   I could go back and wax poetic on my time in Manila and blah, blah, blah, but I'm more in a frame of mind to move forward, so here's a top 10 list of how this home leave is different from previous ones....

10. It's just me and Oscar.
9.  There's no crazy running around to see everyone I know stateside.
8.  There's no crazy shopping for all the "essentials" we need for the year to come. 
7.  I'm going to estate sales and becoming an "American Picker".
6.  I'm hanging out with my dad and hearing stories that end with, "Well I measured, and from my house to your yard, the site on my rifle says it's 215 ft."
5. I could sleep all day, if I didn't have my EER to finish.
4. I'm communicating with my kids via technology.
3. I'm cooking.
2. I'm test driving cars.
1. It's freakin' cold when you take home leave in a non-summer month!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment